Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Glazed Strawberry Bread





Have you ever tried a strawberry bread? Well, for me, this is my first time ever! I usually bake banana bread or pumpkin bread. Not strawberry 😁. So when I surfed my favorite recipe blogs and stumbled upon this recipe, I feel excited. You know, I love glaze! And Sally's word sounds so promising! 



When it comes to strawberry, only 3 people would eat it at my house, as my eldest doesn't like strawberry in any forms. But his little bro, he ate everything that tastes good. Haha. He loves strawberry, even when it is sooo tangy, he'll still eat it. But he usually ask for some chocolate sauce to dip in. 

After reading the review, I am soooo going to make the bread. Especially because Sally thinks that the bread is moist. Very important issue for me, I don't enjoy dry texture cake, it makes my throat itchy and makes me want to drink a gallon of water afterwards. 



This bread taste like heaven in my mouth. Burst with flavor. It is a whole different experience for me. I can't stop munching over it, until I realised I haven't take a single photo of the sliced bread 😅. So sorry for the incomplete report. If you are using ripe and sweet strawberry, you might want to cut the sugar amount a little bit. As when you combined the bread with the glaze, it become sweeter. My strawberry is tangy, so I follow the recipe to a T, and very satisfied with it.

Glazed Strawberry Bread

2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour (accurately measured)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large egg, at room temperature
3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
1/4 cup (50g) light or dark brown sugar (I am using palm sugar)
1 cup (240ml) buttermilk 
1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups fresh strawberries, rinsed, dried, chopped, and tossed in 1 Tablespoon of flour

GLAZE
1/2 cup (120g) confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3-4 Tablespoons (30ml) heavy cream or milk
Directions:

Preheat oven to 180C degrees. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. 

Make the bread: In a large bowl, toss the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon together until combined. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until combined. Make sure there are no brown sugar lumps remaining. Whisk in the buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently whisk until there are no more lumps. Try very hard not to overmix, which will result in a tough textured bread. Fold in the strawberries.

Bake the bread for 45 minutes to 1 hour. I cover the bread loosely with aluminum foil after 30 minutes to prevent the top from getting too brown. Poke the center of the bread with a toothpick at 45 minutes. If it comes out clean, the bread is done. If it comes out wet, bake longer. Oven times will vary. Let the bread cool completely before glazing.

Make the glaze: Whisk the confectioners' sugar, vanilla, and cream together until combined and creamy. Drizzle over bread immediately before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment