This creamy sauce is the heart of the dish, I am not sure if there were a name for the sauce....as I am actually made this on my own intuition, not based on other people's recipes. It is creamy, but not super creamy as I mix the cream with milk, and also adding some chicken stock to enhance the flavour. Because I am not an Italian, so I add this and that so that this sauce is tastier and suitable for my very demanding (for spice) Indonesian tongue.
300 gr fettuccine
200 gr chicken fillet, cut into cubes
150 gr fresh mushroom, or canned champignon mushroom
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp butter
2 tbsp extra light olive oil
salt and crushed black pepper, to taste, depending on your liking
2-3 tbsp grated parmesan
a bunch of parsley, finely chopped
250 ml cooking cream/heavy cream
250 ml uht milk
100 ml chicken stock
1. Bring a large pot of slightly salty water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and a tbsp of cooking oil. Cook about 8-10 minutes until aldente.
2. Saute the garlic and onion with butter and olive oil until fragrant, add the all-purpose flour, mix until no more lumps.
3. Add in the chicken cubes, saute until cooked. Then add the mushroom, saute again for few minutes.
4. Add in the chicken stock, cream and milk, bring to the boil. Continuous stirring is required. Season with parmesan, salt and crushed black pepper. Turn off heat.
5. Add pasta to sauce. Use enough pasta so that all the sauce is used and the pasta is thoroughly coated. Sprinkle some chopped parsley.Serve immediately.