Monday, November 3, 2014

Hot Cocoa Milk with Cinnamon


This recipe was requested by my eldest son, who loves anything with chocolate. I often saw him stumbled upon my recipe books, reading each page and picking which one he wants me to try to make for us. That time, he asks me whether we have milk, cocoa powder and sugar. I said we have it, so the next couple of days I'm making his request.

Nothing special with this recipe actually, it is just milk and cocoa powder. The only wow factor is, cinnamon. I add a cinnamon stick just to enhance the flavour. Oh and of course,hot cocoa is never complete without......marshmallow! This is his first time ever, drinking hot chocolate milk with hint of cinnamon and ooey-gooey-melty marshmallow. He was more than happy and ask for more! It is soooo easy to make a little boy happy, isn't it? 

The recipe was inspired by Paula Deen "My First Cookbook", with adjustment based on my liking.



Ingredients :
700ml plain milk
4-5 tbsp cocoa powder (use good quality of cocoa powder)
4-5 tbsp of sugar
1 cinnamon stick
Marshmallow

How to :
1. Put the sugar and cocoa into the pot and whisk together. Pour in the milk, cinnamon stick and whisk again. Put the pot on the cooktop and turn the heat to very low. Heat until it is hot bot not boiling, about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally with the whisk, making sure that you mix in all of the cocoa.
2. Ladle into mugs and top each one with a handful of mini marshmallows and dust it with cocoa powder.

8 comments:

  1. duh,masih penasaran sama marsmallow nih mbk,,beneran penasaran pake banget hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coba cari di spm besar deh mba, ada kok yg bercap halal :)

      Delete
  2. ooouchhh ada marshaandthebearnya..eh marshmellow... qeqeqe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know, what I love most from this blog isn't the recipes but the photos. I love how you captured those food in extremely beautiful way. :)

    Please write about food photography you did sometime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the compliments, mba Frida. I do have plans to write about my behind the scenes photos. Hope it will realized pretty soon :)

      Delete
  4. A perfect drink for the cold rainy days!

    ReplyDelete