As for the choco chips, I only use 1/2 cup as I don't want it to be too sweet that makes my teeth hurt :D sometimes I use chopped dark cooking chocolate, as it more gooey when it hot! Or even better, use chocolate couverture.
As for the taste, like any other recipe using buttermilk, yoghurt, sourcream etc, it is moist and dense. Even when you use only plain milk, it will still taste good eventhough the texture is more dense using yoghurt. And the type of banana has a strong contribution to the bread's smell. In Indonesia, we have soooo many varieties of banana, but for cakes, my favorite are ambon and raja. They smell wonderfull! Make sure you use fully riped banana for better smell and taste.
Here's what you need :
1/2 cup of vegetable oil (I sometimes replace this with melted butter/canola oil)
1/2 cup white sugar
3medium size banana
1/2 cup yoghurt (you can replace it with the same amount of buttermilk or sourcream)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup choco chips (you can add more if you like), and more for sprinkle
Ingredients for Peanut Butter Icing:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup of powder sugar (do taste it first, as each brand of peanut butter might have different level of sweetness)
1/4 cup plain milk
Icing How To :
- In a small bowl, microwave the peanut butter until it’s runny.
- Stir in the powdered sugar and milk.
The batter should be runny enough to be pour/drizzle with spoon.
How to :
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree celcius
- Grease your loaf pan with butter
- In a large bowl, cream the oil/ melted butter and sugar, mix in the mashed banana. Add in the egg, yoghurt, and vanilla extract.
- Mix together cocoa powder, flour and baking soda until well combine. Puor it to the wet ingredients using strainer. Mix all of the ingredients together until just combined. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and bake it for about 55 minutes, or until a toothpicks inserted comes out almost clean
- Let the bread cool completely.
- Remove the bread from the pan.
- Pour the peanut butter mix ontop of the bread. Sprinkle some choco chips