Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Steamed Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate Ganache




Baking cake is one of my favorite thing. You know, the smells of just baked cake is intoxicating. It fullfill the whole house with it goodness. When my family eat it and enjoy it..it is a thrill to see. Makes me feel happy to the fullest.

Well that's baking. It is a different story if you asked me about...cake decorating. Gaaaah! I'm a bad cake decorator. I have stiffy fingers that is so difficult to cooperate with decorating tools. Give up yet? Nope 😁. In some special occasions, I still bake cakes for my family and friends. Even my eldest said that the cake I made was always scrumptious, but decoration was ugly 😁. I won't blame him for saying the truth, hahaha. Sooo this is what I do to cover (a little of) the cake. Just spread some sweets and chocolates and candies! Even the ganache was dreadful to see, ain't it? 



I'm using the recipe from 500 resep kue dan masakan ny. Liem. I only make 1/3 of the recipe. And its enough for 20cm round pan.

You know what, this cake is da bomb! It is a steamed cake, but it taste sooo good, sooo chocolatey. You gotta try this. Recommended. Trust me.

Emulsifier is not mandatory, even when I made the cake, I don't use emulsifier. Just make sure you use fresh eggs. If you're feeling unsure, add 2 egg yolks to the batter, as replacement of emulsifier. There you go.

I'm not gonna share the ganache recipe now, maybe some other time. Got this new ganache recipe from one of the baking class I attended. It is so rich, velvety, and chocolatey. 

Btw, the cake will look more decent if you cut it into half, and spread some buttercream or chocolate ganache. But even without that its still taste soooo good.



Ingredients I :
- 4 eggs
- 150 gr sugar
-  1 tsp cake emulsifier (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste

Ingredients II: Mix and shift
- 80 gr all purpose flour
- 35 gr chocolate powder
- 1/4 sdt baking powder

Ingredients III: Melt with double boiler pan
- 125 ml canola oil/cooking oil
- 75 gr dark cooking chocolate


How to: 
1. Prepare 20cm round pan, spread with butter and flour. Set aside.

2. Melt ingredients II until well combined.

3. With stand mixer, mix ingredients I with low speed until dissolved. Then change the speed into high until the batter looks thick, white and rising.

4. Change to low speed, add on ingredients II little by little. Add in ingredients III. Mix well, not too long. I prefer using spatula on this stage. Using cut and fold to mix the batter. Becareful not to overmix the batter, it can cause the cake's not rising. 

5. Pour the batter to the pan. Tuang ke loyang, kukus 40 menit. 

Tips : use kitchen towel to wrap the steamer lid. So that the water did not fall into the cake, as it can cause your cake surface has holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment