Sunday, May 4, 2014

The Hummingbird Bakery Banana Loaf



Last month my family and I visit one of our favorite bookstore, Books and Beyond. Well, bookstore always been our family favorite. And of course it always ended up with my boys screaming which book they want to buy and read *sigh*. We don't go to this place often as they sell (almost) all imported books with jaw-breaking price. I love to spend time at that place, sometimes just reading some interesting recipe book is enough for me. But that very time I was soooo tempted with lotsa recipe books. I end up carrying 7 recipe books in my hand. So called guilty pleasure, I suppose. 

On that pile, I bought The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook. Based on my curiosity that its brownie and cupcake recipe was everywhere on the net and many people thinks it was a big hit.

Last week I try the banana bread/loaf recipe. Why banana bread? Again? haha, I'm a fan of banana bread. Been trying so many banana bread recipes and I'm so willing to add my banana bread experiences :D



here is the recipe :

270gr soft light brown sugar (i'm using 100gr light brown sugar and 150gr palm sugar)
2 eggs
200gr peeled banana, mashed
280gr all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
140gr unsalted butter, melted

How To :
1. Preheat the oven 170 celc degree
2. Mix the egg and sugar with handheld mixer, beat until well incorporated. Beat in the mashed bananas.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ginger to the sugar mixture.Mix it thoroughly untill all the ingredients incorporated. Pour in the melted butter and beat until well mixed
4. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin. Bake appx for 1 hour or until firm to the touch and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.

Overall, it is a yummy banana loaf! But for my personal liking, its not enough of the banana scents and taste. In fact, it smells and taste a little like roti gambang in Indonesia. Maybe because I replace the 170gr of light brown sugar with palm sugar :D But anyway, when the loaf is in the oven, the smells of banana, cinnamon and ginger is sooooo very pleasing to my rumbling tummy ^_^



If you're a fan of moist banana bread, this banana loaf might not be the perfect choice for you . They are moist but not too much, the texture is cake like, a bit softer than other banana bread that use lots of bananas and with addition of dairy products such as milk, sourcream or yoghurt. Less crumbly it is.

Note : Make sure you use very ripe banana for sweeter and more rich texture.


 

2 comments:

  1. wooow.... sumpe keren bgt potonya...
    and look so yummmy pastinya...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haisssh bisa aja nih mba Ayu, padahal saya mah ngilerrrr sama poto2 mba ayu yg super keceh itu :D

      Delete