I was in the mood to make pudding the other day, so I started to run over my drawer and see what is left and can be use to make pudding. I only found chocolate powder. Well, at least my son will love it. The eldest love anything with chocolate. But its kinda boring to have "just" chocolate pudding, so a twist with cappuccino, perhaps?
1 sachet of agar-agar powder (7gr)
1/2 can of sweet condensed milk
500ml plain milk
1 egg yolk
1 tsp of maizena
3 full tablespoon of chocolate powder
2 sachet of cappuccino instant powder
2 tbsp of sugar
how to :
1. Prepare a pan, use a low heat position on your stove
2. mix the agar-agar powder with the sugar, water, and milk. Stir the mixture until it almost boil. Frequent stirring is needed.
3. Add about 4 tbsp of the mixture to egg yolk, mix well, and then pour it to the rest of the batter and stir well until it comes to the boiled, do the same thing to the maizena
4. divide the mixture into two same amount of liquid. Add about 4 spoon of liquid into chocolate powder, mix well. Pour it to the liquid using fine strainer.
5. Repeat stage 4 to the other half of the liquid, add the cappuccino powder.
6. Add 2 tbsp of sugar to the chocolate pudding mixture. (or you can skip the sugar if you like it more bitter and chocolatey). No need to add sugar to the cappuccino pudding mixture as the instant powder itself already contains sugar.
5. Turn off your stove, wait until all the steam gone.
6. Pour some of the cappuccino batter to your mold, wait until it has thin skin on the surface then add the chocolate mixture carefully. Repeat process until done. Let cool completely. Refrigerate and serve cool.
As for the taste, I think they are yummy ! the cappuccino pudding taste a bit like toffee :) which is a good thing :D