One of my children's favorite, cookies and cream muffin a.k.a oreo muffin with extra oreo crumbs. Don't ask me about "healthy" in this recipe, because it doesn't! But it really really taste gooooood. I don't use the cream as it makes the muffin toooo sugary and make my teeth hurts, and anyway I make this for my kids....I don't want them to eat too much sugar. So if you are a sweet tooth, feel free to use the cream too :)
I am mixing butter and oil, as always. To make the muffin's texture moist, but still got that buttery smell, if you know what I mean.
50 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
30 gr canola oil, or cooking oil
100 gr granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla paste
1/2 cup (120 ml) fresh milk
1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour (190 gr)
1 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
8-12 oreo, remove the cream, mashed the biscuit
Ingredients for crumbs :
2-3 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cold butter, cut into cubes
4 oreos, mashed
Mix all purpose flour, sugar, and mashed oreo, then add in the cold butter. Mix well with wooden spoon until it turns into crumbs. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes before using.
1. Pre-heat your oven, 180 degree celsius.
2. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until look pale, add in the oil. Mix well, you can use wooden spoon or balloon whisker.
4. Add the egg, vanilla paste and milk. Mix well.
5. Pour the flour mixture. Mix with balloon whisker, add the crushed oreo. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
6. Pour the mixture to muffin cups, sprinkle with oreo crumbs.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes.