Most Indonesian loves sweet soy sauce. This earthy and humble ingredients is a must have on every Indonesian kitchen. We have plenty brands for this. Some region even produce their own sweet soy sauce, and each region has different taste, very unique.
I believe that is why we can easily find dishes that use sweet soy sauce as key ingredient. As for this dish that I made, very simple. Yet it has wonderful taste.
10 chicken wings
5 cloves of garlic, grated
1,5 cm ginger, grated
3 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
a pinch of ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
mix together 1-2 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of oil.
1. Preheat your oven, 180 celsius degree
2. Mix the all the ingredients together
There are two ways to cook it. Cook directly at the oven, or using stove top method.
For cook directly at the oven method :
1. Marinate the chicken with all the ingredients, refrigerate for 2 hours
2. Arrange the marinated chicken in a smeared baking pan,cover with alumunium foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes
3. open the cover, smear with sweet soy+oil, bake without cover for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool
For stove top method:
1. In a wok/pan, cook the chicken with all the ingredients for about 20minutes
2. Smear the chicken with sweet soy+oil, and bake for 15 minutes.